We are very excited to announce a partnership with the Tokyo School of Anime
to offer VIZ KIDS: ANIME & MANGA this summer.
This is an extension of our VizKids curriculum that will have students expand their knowledge and improve their abilities on drawing, design, and digitalization. Using state of the art facilities, students will work towards creating, customizing, and perhaps even voicing their own Manga-style Anime. With instruction from world-renowned (and English speaking) faculty, campers will learn the style and techniques of bringing these expressive characters and colorful graphics to life.
While many of the aspects of the trip are still being finalized, along with five full days of instruction at the Tokyo School of Anime, we are planning for attendees of the YAP Japan week to enjoy:
- Accommodations at a 4-star centrally located Tokyo hotel where all students get their own bed
- Japanese cuisine, including Wagyu, sushi, ramen, bento boxes, yakitori, tempura, and more!
- Unique experiences only found in Tokyo, including:
- Access to top of Tokyo Sky Tree tower
- Robot Restaurant Café (dinner + show)
- teamLab*Planets Tokyo (dinner + experience)
- Virtual Reality VR video game park in Shibuyu district
- Akihabara Anime District, including time to shop and enjoy character cafes, AND
- A full day at Tokyo DisneySea, the most innovative theme park in Mickey’s Magic Kingdom
(and a perfect way to conclude YAP 2019 as we transition into our Disney-themed YAP 2020)
This will truly be a once-in-a-lifetime trip and one that won’t be offered annually. The Olympics are in Tokyo in the summer of 2020, so the earliest that we could repeat this curriculum would be 2021, so if your student is interested I would not let the “rising sun” set on this opportunity.
In addition, because our VizKids curriculum is set up to allow students to be able to rotate through all of the course offerings, we WILL allow current high school seniors to register for YAPan provided they have taken at least one Viz Kids class in the last three years. This way, perennial attendees who have shown an interest in Visualization won’t have to miss out because they aged out.
YAP Japan Registration Information
Dates: July 29th – August 4th, 2019
Ages: Rising 9th – 12th graders